In October 2017, representatives from a diverse set of almost 30 organizations came together to discuss how Washington State can achieve a zero net carbon built environment that addresses the climate crisis and serves all members of our communities. From that meeting, task forces formed around six catalyst priorities that are ambitious, scalable, equitable, and quantifiable.
Shift Zero Task Force Initiatives:
- Building Electrification
- 20 by 2020 Building Challenge
- Zero Net Carbon Policy Toolkit
- Roadmap to Zero Net Energy Building Code
- Energy Performance Disclosure and Upgrade at Point of Sale
- PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) Financing